12/8/11

The Phi Kappa Psi Story from Denny Leonard





In the picture above I can identify myself , Rick Mitchell, and Tom Shoemaker,
we are in the front row (4,5,6), Pete Froelich and Tom Rose (45,46) anchor the
middle of the back row.

And I think Chris Palen's writeup is correct, I have a colony pin and Phi Psi book (with my name engraved on it).


Our beer contract with Miller may have contributed to their decision. Piss calls etc.
Sobriety was not encouraged at Da ZOO
House could have been worked out.

I just gave a talk at Denver University AKPsi chapter and with " women Brothers "
(some good lookers) included it is a professional fraternity so the National Social
Mens Fraternity idea was the correct one.

But life is as it is , The ZOO was the ZOO !! (an outstanding Men's Fraternity with a
history and tradition that makes Greek life what it should be -- Bolero and rolled up newspaper )
and our Zoo brothers and memories are ours as a Fraternal Brotherhood !

In U ... & I ...

Denny

1 comment:

  1. Al Kelly12/08/2011

    I've checked the Hilltopper (its in digital form on the Internet) from 1966 and 1967 for AKPsi pictures. The pictures found there were taken on the front porch and stairs. I used those pics on our website. The pic above was in a box of Zoo paraphernalia that Vince DiPaolo passed on to me. The quality of the picture was the best I could do with my scanner. I will have other pictures to post here later.

    ReplyDelete